Diploma programs are open to students in any relevant graduate program or to those who have a general interest in graduate-level work. For diplomas that are part of a graduate degree (concurrent), please contact the relevant graduate program office. For graduate diplomas that can be pursued on their own (stand-alone, direct entry), applications are submitted online.
The Graduate Diploma in Environmental/Sustainability Education is offered jointly by the Faculty of Environmental and Urban Change and the Faculty of Education; this diploma will allow educators in schools, community organizations, cultural institutions and advocacy groups to develop expertise and participate in research in the field of environmental and sustainability education.
Who can complete this Graduate Diploma?
- Graduate students currently enrolled in the Faculty of Environmental and Urban Change interested in completing the Graduate Diploma concurrently
- Graduate students currently enrolled in the Faculty of Education interested in completing the Graduate Diploma concurrently
- New students interested in taking the Graduate Diploma as a stand-alone program through the Faculty of Education
- The Option A Graduate Diploma, offered in both graduate programs, will formalize already established areas of environmental/sustainability education within the Doctoral and Masters degrees in the two Faculties of Education and Environmental and Urban Change.
- The Option B Graduate Diploma, a stand-alone, direct entry Graduate Diploma, is offered only within the Faculty of Education, and is designed to provide opportunities for graduate level study of theory and research in Environmental/Sustainability Education to practising teachers and school administrators, to people working in community organizations and cultural institutions, and to advocacy groups.
Please note that graduate diplomas do not certify students in a particular field.