Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
The Commerce program is offered as a Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) and a BCom Specialized Honours in Information Technology (BCom ITEC). It is one of the largest business programs in Canada.
All of our Commerce programs focus on how to apply theory to real-world situations, using a variety of methods including multimedia presentations, seminars, case studies and visits from prestigious guest speakers. With the help of our expert faculty, you will sharpen your critical-thinking, analytic, communication and leadership skills.
Broaden your career horizons and gain practical business experience.
Our BCom Specialized Honours program provides you with the rare opportunity to specialize at the undergraduate level, focusing on one of the following areas:
- Accounting (CPA accredited)
- Business Research
- Business Technology Management
- Human Resources Management
- Supply Chain Management
The Bachelor of Commerce in Information Technology (BCom ITEC) is unique in Commerce, blending information management with business. You'll take courses in applied computer networks, systems design and principles.
Stand out to future employers by completing one of three streams:
- Business Systems Analysis: will prepare you for a career as an information technology analyst, systems analyst or information technology consultant.
- E-Commerce Development: gives you the technical knowledge required for the design and development of consumer and business-to-business electronic commerce systems.
- Information Technology Auditing & Assurance: responds to the growing demand for information system audit, control and security professionals. This stream is offered in close consultation with the Information Systems Audit and Control Association and will be of interest to students seeking the certified Information Systems Auditor designation.
Enhance your degree
Add a minor in business or marketing to any Honours program in the Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies, as well as programs in the Faculty of Health and the Faculty of Science.
Investigate our broad range of Professional Certificates in Accounting, Emergency Management, Financial Planning, Health Services Financial Managemnt, Information Technology Auditing & Assurance, Investment Management, Logistics, and Marketing. Students pursuing a degree may take a certificate concurrently with their degree program or separately as a stand-alone program.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org