Global Political Studies
Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
What are the roots of international terrorism? How is world trade affecting the balance of rich and poor nations? What is the effect of the Internet on diplomacy and social movements? This program, offered by our renowned Department of Politics, helps you answers questions such as these.
Global Political Studies encompass international relations, foreign politics and domestic government policy. Topics include:
- foreign and security policy
- political economy
- democratic reform
- war and conflict (including internal strife)
- new social movements
- an examination of the changing world in its economic and political forms
The Global Political Studies program allows students to specialize in international and global politics by combining courses in two of the department's fields:
- International Relations
- Comparative World Politics
Through this program, you will gain the skills required to analyze global political forces, as well as a broad education. This program provides an excellent background for future public service work abroad, for private sector employment in areas dealing with international issues or for graduate studies in international relations or comparative world politics.
- You will learn to conceptualize and think critically about global politics and issues such as the uses and abuses of power; rights and responsibilities; and the intersections of community and nation-state with globally defined realities.
- Engage in open discussions with your peers on some of the most contentious political issues and learn to identify the possibilities of acting politically to bring about change.
Possible Career Paths
Diplomat, non-governmental organization worker, public servant
Contact us at email@example.com